This is a podcast that helps with the 95/5 problem. I am sure you are familiar with 95% of the the work being done by 5% of the people. This may really ring true if you have been one of those on the 5% side! While many of us have been more that willing to serve and help get things done, we must realize that doing all of the work by ourselves is unhealthy and unscriptural. Even Jesus recruited 12 and then 70 and then eventually thousands got into the act. If you are convinced you need to be getting better at recruiting volunteers, this is the training audio for you!
This recording is bound to be a help if you are wanting to get more done or if you really want to help people grow through the service process.
Here are the seven step that will help you find and keep regular church volunteers, but you’ll have to listen to get the full story.
- Give out a big vision (story of boys and video games).
- Center the vision on a singular event (beware of overwhelming with multiple and longterm).
- Easy Step Ins (Baby pool at resort illustration).
- Build it for Pairs (two can volunteer together).
- Tie it together with Teams (Team atmosphere created with the big vision).
- Train, Train, Train! (What verse tell us to train?) Training is a part of discipleship.
- Debrief (team feedbacks and critiques build unity, cohesion and commitment).
What is your biggest struggle in recruiting volunteers? Please do me a favor and comment below.
Here are two links that might help in team formation:
Join the ReachKeep Resource Feed
I like what I see! Sign me up! Just enter your email address to receive regular bursts of innovative ideas and training solutions from ReachKeep. Plus you will receive a FREE copy of Facebook for Pastors (now over 5000 downloads).